Monday, March 7, 2011

On it's way... On our way!!!!!

Now that is one exciting picture! We received our dossier back in the mail on Saturday, and I did shout "Hallelujah!". I have to give the USPS some credit, they got it back to me safely, however, I will be sending all important documents FedEx from now on. I had no way of tracking where it was and when, which drove me nuts. So, if you're reading this and you're in the beginning stages of the process and you're wondering whether you should use FedEx or USPS, my advice is go FedEx, for your own peace of mind. Trust me, your peace of mind is worth the extra $$$, and your significant other will be thankful that you're peaceful ;-). So, like I said, we got it Saturday, and as of about 10AM today, it's en route to Holt!!!! It is scheduled to arrive Wednesday morning by 10:30AM and I have a tracking number, Praise the Lord!!!!! For those of you that are not familiar with this process, the next step is officially taking a spot on the waiting list, which means within about a month or so, we will be on the list waiting to see what child (or children, gotta throw that one in for my husband, it thrills him! **insert sarcasm**) God has planned for us to love!!!

Being at this point in the process is very exciting and brings such relief to me, knowing that the paperwork is over, at least the hardest part of the paperwork, and more importantly, knowing I'm 1 HUGE step closer to meeting my child. However, another blogger somewhere out there in the great blogging world made me realize that this isn't a time of overwhelming joy for everyone involved. It also means that somewhere there's a mother that has gone through an entire pregnancy, knowing that this dreadful day was coming, a day when she would have to say good-bye to the child that she felt kicking inside her. She may be unwed and have to give up the child to avoid being shunned by her family. She may be living in such poverty that she knows she wouldn't be able to feed her child. Whatever the reason is, this is a decision that most of us can't even begin to imagine having to make.  In many cases, there are also foster parents and orphanage workers involved, people that have loved and cared for this child maybe since they were born, and although I'm sure they're glad to see this child be blessed with a forever family, I'm sure it also hurts to see them go. Not to mention, this sweet baby girl that will be leaving everything and everyone she knows and moving to a foreign land with strangers, it would be selfish and somewhat foolish to think that this is going to be a time of pure joy for her.  We're heading into a time that will hold great joy for our family, but it will hold equally as much pain and hurt for others involved, and I think it is so important that we remember those birth mothers, foster parents, and our children and pray for the God of all comfort and peace to give them the comfort that only He can give. Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond excited to think that in just a few short months, I will have a picture and a name and know who my baby is, I REALLY AM!!! However, sometimes my excitement and happiness shield me from reality, and reality is, some people will go through extreme pain, in order for this child to join our family, and I'll be forever grateful to all of them, because without them, we may have never been blessed with our sweet baby girl (I know she's not here yet, but we all know she's gonna be sweet and precious and beautiful and every other word I ever use to describe her, just you wait and see! ;-) ).

4 Comments:

At March 7, 2011 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Brazenlilly said...

That is SO great! I don't want to give you false expectations, but if everything is in order with your dossier, I'll bet you'll be on the list pretty quick. We were lucky and the paperwork was just right and I would say it was about a week after they received it that we were assigned a number on the list. :)

Also, that *ahem* other blogger who talked about remembering the sadness that accompanies adoption was also reminded by others that we in no way need to diminish our excitement at the thought of holding and loving our little ones. :)

So, are you guys open to twins? Was that the little side comment in there?!

 
At March 7, 2011 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Kristi J said...

yayyy, so excited for you all..thank you so much for your comment...thank you so much for taking the time to let me know...can't wait to see your precious little one in your arms...Praise God! :) kristi

 
At March 8, 2011 at 6:10 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

Yes, Jen, we are open to twins. My grandmother (who sits right next to Jesus... just sayin') has always told me she "sees me with twins". I've never been sure what that means, but I had to keep it open, just in case. And, I know, I am very excited, but that particular blog post just really reminded me that I shouldn't completely forget the sadness that comes before my happiness, but I AM BEYOND EXCITED!!!! And, by the way, just so you know, the actual post that had me slightly offended at first was the one that you linked to, not your's ;-). And, after reading it, I was over it. I do think that sometimes we just forget what has to happen for us to get our little ones, that was a great post, it challenged me, and that's a good thing, thanks! Have you heard anything yet? You could still get matched this month, right???

Kristi, you are so welcome, thank you for posting that original video of your Lucy, God definitely used it! I just love following your blog, and will be praying that everything falls into place for Wes to come home soon too!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your dossier off Jenn! Doesn't it feel GREAT to have completed that step?

Yes, there is a harsh reality that comes along with the adoption journey. For us, it became even more keenly real once we were matched. As indescribably joyful as we felt, I also spent a big part of that day bawling my eyes out, because I could hardly fathom the sacrifice and heartbreak that Lydia's birth mother had (and certainly continues) to go through. And I still cry about it, and I pray for her birth mom every day. But, at the same time, the sorrow of that has never diminished our rejoicing and excitement for Lydia to become our daughter. It's a strange paradox, the joy and sorrow somehow co-exist. We pray a lot and thank God that He is the God of all comfort, that He works all things for good for those called according to His purposes (Romans 8:28).
I'm excited to find out what happens for your family. Wow, twins would be so exciting! Praying you don't have to wait long, and praying for those on the other end who are hurting.
:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home