Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Comic Relief...

3 year olds are tough... I'm here to tell ya! But they are also HILARIOUS!!!!! I'm pretty certain Jax has been talking since he was about 2 weeks old (yes, slight exaggeration), so at age 3, I don't really remember a time without him talking, but he just keeps getting funnier...

He loves to watch movies and he remembers certain "one liners" and then uses them later on... correctly, in context! For example, the other day we had to take him to get an update on a shot that he hadn't received yet, and as we were in the waiting room, 2 little kids came up to him to check out his Jessie doll. He's not a fan of sharing (if there's a 3 year old out there that his, PLEASE tell me your secret), so I was a little concerned that he was going to knock the children down, and run out the door screaming. However, to my pleasant surprise, he just grinned a slightly fake grin, and let them pull the string and listen to her for a moment, then as they kept getting closer and really began to invade his personal space, he backed up into Jason and I and said, "I'm officiallwy fweaked out now..." We looked at each other in disbelief and I asked J, "Did he say 'officially'?" Later that afternoon we were watching Toy Story 2, and come to find out, that's exactly what Woody says to Jessie in one of the scenes.

I could go on for many, many more paragraphs, but I'll just share this one other story for now. The latest time he's given me a good dose of laughter was this morning, as we were getting in the car. Before I put him in his carseat, he wanted to walk out into the driveway to "check the weather". So, I watched as he took a few steps out of the garage, then he came back in and crawled into his seat. As I was buckling him in, I asked, just for kicks, "Do you want to be a weatherman when you grow up?" He promptyly replied, "No, not anyfing..." I said, "Well, you have to be something, so you can make money to take care of your family one day like Daddy does." He then shot back at me, very matter of factly, "No, I not gonna be a doctor, or a prisoner, or a rainman (IE: weatherman) !" Oh well, I guess we've got a few years to teach him about work ethic, staying out of jail,  and how we get $$$ to buy cheese puffs, but for now, we'll just keep laughing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home