Friday, June 10, 2011

No news yet... BUT STILL HOPING AND PRAYING!

I feel like since we're in the double digits of June I can call it the "middle" of the month. Typically, it seems that referrals come closer to the end, but anything could happen! I just figured all of my peeps are wondering what's going on in adoption world right now, and I'm sorry I have no exciting news to share yet, I just felt like I maybe should give an update for anyone that's keeping up with us on here.

I'd also like to ask everyone to remember Jason in your prayers in the coming days. He received an email from Samaritan's Purse about 2 weeks ago asking for workers in Haiti throughout the month of June. He was already scheduled off the last week of June, because we were planning to visit some friends, but when this email came, we both felt like it was God giving him another opportunity to serve and do what he loves, so he emailed them back and within a couple days he was booked! The only downside to this (other than daddy being gone a week), is that it's during the time that our referral could very likely come, if we are blessed with one this month. He leaves on June 25, and it seems that the last week of the month is often when the action happens. So, in your prayers, pray for safety, pray for wisdom and boldness, and pray that the referrals come a little earlier than normal this month, so we can see our baby girl for the first time when we're together! That is what I'm praying for, I'm praying that we match and that it happens before he leaves, but I'm also praying that no matter how and when it happens, God's peace will cover it all!

Every time I talk to someone else that says, "Hey, I follow your blog, I love reading it!" I'm touched and honored that so many people care enough to keep up with us and read my thoughts. At times, this blog is therapy for me, whether anyone reads or not, it's a release, but it's still cool to know that people enjoy it. I'm glad, so thanks to all of you! <3

4 Comments:

At June 10, 2011 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Catiejoyce said...

I LOVE following your blog!!! I will be praying for you as the month goes by. Can't wait to hear the news!! Hope Jason has a great trip.

 
At June 11, 2011 at 3:10 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

Referrals usually come around the 16-23. Somewhere in that range. We got ours on the 18th.

 
At June 13, 2011 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

I wish there was a "like" button on blogspot, because I would SOOOOOO "LIKE" your comment, Wendy! If they would come that early this month, and if our little one happens to be in this group, I will be the happiest Momma on the planet!!!!!! And, if that's the case, that's like, uh.... NEXT WEEK!!!!! Oh geez, I need to go bake something or clean so I can quit being such a basket case! ;-)

 
At June 13, 2011 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Looking forward to seeing the referrals this month!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home