Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!

Today is a bittersweet day for us... It's the day our baby girl turns 1, without us. I remember when Jax turned 1 year old. I spent weeks planning his party, picking out the cake that we'd let him destroy, scheduling pictures of him enjoying a giant cupcake with a 1 on it... it was a big deal for me, a milestone I guess. So, needless to say, it's a little sad that Jade is turning 1 year old on the other side of the world, and reality is, a piece of our heart is on the other side of the world with her. We celebrated by going out for Thai food with Jax and our parents last Friday, before J and I left for our mommy/daddy vacation. Today, we are thinking about her constantly and praying for her often, and anxiously anticipating the day that we get to bring her home. I am thankful that we are in a beautiful, warm, sunny place today, being pampered. It definitely helps me not to dwell on the sadness, but helps me to focus on the future... A future that holds many more birthdays with our beautiful baby girl when we will be together, able to shower her with our love and a make a huge mess in the kitchen baking cupcakes together. :-)


Dear Baby Jade,
As Mommy & Daddy watched the sun rise on your birthday in Mexico, the sun was setting on your birthday in Thailand. You're 1 year old! Although we've not met you yet, we know you're amazing, and we're so thankful that God chose us to be your parents. The view I have today is breathtaking, but I can honestly say that if I were given the choice, I'd rather be sitting in the rocking chair at home watching you sleep peacefully in my arms. I wish I could tell you happy birthday and that Mommy and Daddy are coming for you very soon, but it's probably best that you're blissfully unaware. I feel confident that you are being loved immensely by your foster family, and for that I'm very grateful. Just a few more months and we get to meet you, watch you sleep, hear you cry, hear you laugh, watch you play with your big brother, and cherish every second of the rest of your life, it can't come soon enough! We love you and we hope and pray you had a very Happy 1st Birthday!!!!! 

Love,
Mommy & Daddy

3 Comments:

At February 27, 2012 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Catiejoyce said...

LOVE this post and the letter to Jade!!! Happy Birthday baby girl! You are so loved!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 8:56 PM , Blogger Brazenlilly said...

Hugs to you friend! I love your letter to your sweet girl. I am confident she will read it and cherish it! What a bittersweet day. So glad you have some recent pictures to look at today! love you!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 10:02 PM , Blogger deirdre said...

You'll be together on her birthday #2! What a thoughtful letter to her.
Glad you're having a good time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home