Sunday, January 22, 2012

Movement!

In the last week, 2 of my adoptive momma friends (and their spouses:-) ) received first approval, and another is leaving this week for Thailand to bring home their baby girl, FINALLY!!!!!! They've faced one delay after another for the last several months, so they are breathing a huge sigh of relief and we are all rejoicing and praising the Lord with them! So, I know I can speak for all of us Holt mommas in saying that we hope this means the ball is rolling and we just hope and pray it keeps picking up speed! The flood waters are down in most areas it sounds, and we're hoping that the government gets caught up quickly, so we can GET OUR BABIES HOME!!!!!!! We are predicted to get first approval in April... there is a small part of me (very small) that is hopeful it could happen in March,  maybe, but April is more likely. Typically, from first approval, travel is approximately 2 months later, but as of now, our agency is still telling us they think we'll travel around July. I'm trying really hard to stay buckled up and not get too excited and start jumping out of my seat just yet, but it's REALLY hard not to! I am super excited for all my friends that are going before us and I can not wait to watch them bring their precious li'l ones home. It's reassuring every time I see another family united through adoption and I'm reminded that God works it all out perfectly!

I sent Jade's birthday package out last week. Her birthday isn't until February 27, but it can take a while to get to her, so I wanted to give it plenty of time. It was bittersweet for sure. It breaks my heart to think of all the milestones we're missing, but I'm beyond thankful that she will one day be our's to cherish for the rest of forever. We sent her a recordable book with all 3 of our voices, a dress with a cupcake and 1 candle on it, and a frilly headband from Nana. Her room is becoming a storage room in our house... her clothes are already taking over, and I don't even know what size she really wears! I did not have intentions of doing her room until the spring, but I'm really having some major decorating urges lately! :-/ I'm still going to make myself wait at least a couple more months, because looking at a completed room would make this wait so much harder for me. Right now, my goal is to make it to March and finally get some new pics of our girl, and then maybe I'll have the realization that she's really coming home! Please continue to pray for patience and for things to keep moving quickly from here on out!

2 Comments:

At January 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM , Blogger Mireille said...

So glad to read this!! Soon, real soon your baby girl will be home!

 
At January 23, 2012 at 6:54 AM , Blogger Brazenlilly said...

I love thinking about the craziness of the blogs and FB in the coming months, as we all follow each other's progress and exchange travel tips and information! This is our year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home