Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What? I have a blog????

I haven't been blogging lately... partially because we've been busy and partially because I have nothing to tell. I could get on here and play the "whoa is me" card and tell you all how hard this waiting game is, but I doubt you'd wanna read it. So, I save that for my husband and my closest friends that have to love me no matter how much I whine... thanks, guys, you're the best! However, that's kinda what this post is, because I'm having a hard day, so just warning you before you continue on...

A lot has been happening in the Thailand adoption world, but unfortunately, not for us. Families that received referrals 3 months behind us have already received 1st approval and are moving forward with travel dates and we're still.just.waiting.... and yes, to be completely honest, IT SUCKS!!!!! Pardon me if that was offensive, but I could say more, I'm refraining. All we do know is that there is one particular government social worker that has worked for HSF in Thailand that isn't the most efficient (that's putting it VERY politely), and from what I understand, Holt has asked that she not be given any more of their cases, and supposedly she won't be... AFTER she finishes with our's. She "promised" we would be presented and approved for travel at the April 4 meeting, but HSF has not been able to get in touch with her since that meeting, so we know nothing. We had hoped we would know by today, because offices in Thailand are closed for a holiday Thursday and Friday, but I just heard from Holt and we still have no news. They will follow up next week, and so we wait.

Some of you may have heard about the earthquake in Indonesia, which has caused tsunami warnings to go out to all countries along the Indian Ocean. Obviously, I don't want to see destruction on anyone, regardless of the connection I have to them, but my baby girl is there. I know that my God has no limits and I know that He's protecting her just as much while she's in Thailand as He will when she's home, but my heart is still heavy. I want her in my arms, where I can see her with my own eyes and know she's safe. This is where FAITH comes in... We don't really know what it means to have faith and to trust in our Heavenly Father's provision until we find ourselves in situations like this where we are completely and utterly helpless, but it's when are weak that His strength is made perfect. I'm praying this scripture over my life today...

Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home