Friday, April 27, 2012

To Write or not to Write.....

I've debated for quite some time whether to post anything about the recent activity (or lack thereof) in our li'l world of adoption lately. I didn't have anything definite to share and I still don't, however there's potential for lots of exciting things in the very near future (by very near future, I mean, if I don't know something by next week, I'm boarding a plane and finding our Thai government social worker myself!). I can speak for all of us adoptive mamas, I think, that I hesitate to share at times, out of not wanting to get other's hopes up, because I've been the "other" several times before. But, in the end, it always has helped me to read through other family's journeys, so I decided I'd let you all in on our little secret.

Around the end of March, maybe first of April, Holt called to let us know that HSF has given our family a tentative date of June 20, 2012 to take custody of Jade, in Thailand, pending our approval from the Thai government. As you're gasping from excitement (which I did too!), let me stick a sock in it... we STILL don't have approval, or at least not that we know of yet! I have never heard of them granting a tentative board date before a family has received approval, and I really don't know why they did, but they did. Anywho, We thought for sure we'd hear something the second week of April about a meeting that took place on April 4 in Thailand, but the social worker handling our case has been MIA. Then we just knew we'd hear news the following week, but NOPE. At this point, it was time for another DSDW meeting on April 18, and we were certain that we'd know the status of our case the week after that meeting, but here we are, over a week past that date and past the close of another work week in Thailand and we're still playing the Limbo game. First we heard the SW and her supervisor were away at a conference, and it must've been a long one (sorry, but seriously). Now, we heard this week that they're back, but she "needed more time to look into our case"... Uhhhh..... Really????? I'm speechless... ok, yeah, no I'm not, I actually have A LOT to say, but I'll spare you. Aaaanyways, what we're praying for is that we will find out next week that we received approval in April and that our Article 16 is already in the mail! If it works out that way, then we will still be able to keep our June 20 date, and we will have our sweet baby Jade home with her forever family by sometime around June 26!!!!!!! Please pray with us that GOOD NEWS comes next week!

 I get a flurry of emotions when I think about the next few weeks, finishing the preparations for Jade... I get nervous about getting it all done; I obviously get excited about having her home; But, then I get sad about the grief she's about to experience; And, I get VERY anxious about the LOOOOOONG trip we are about to endure with a 4 year old going and a 16 month old and 4 year old coming back. God knows about all of that though, and He's got it all worked out for us, so mostly, I'm ready to say "God... Let's do this!" :-)

As I was walking through some shops today (SURPRISE! HA!), I saw a plaque that said...

"Faith is not about what the future holds, but knowing WHO holds the future..."

I've been struggling with that lately, but it's all we have to rely on. Yes, I'm praying for good news fast, and praying we keep our June 20 date, but there's a lot of unknowns. I don't know when that SW is finally going to call back. I don't know if we'll make it for the June 20 date or we'll have to wait another month to get to our baby girl, but I do know that when we get there, it's because HE orchestrated it and I have to believe that it will be perfect because of that. Thanks for reading and please join with us in prayer! 

<3 Jenn

2 Comments:

At April 27, 2012 at 3:29 PM , Blogger Kerrie (and Jason) said...

Congrats! I wonder if your DSDW Social Worker is the same who looks after some of Australia's files -she has been away for 2 months on a training course so no movement for any files here either.

 
At April 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM , Blogger us said...

No wonder you have been chomping at the bit! I understand now! It would be wonderful to have you travel for the same meeting!!! Get all your duckies in a row, so when they call you, you are ready! Not that you needed any prompting...;)Praying you hear something this Monday! Mrs Y

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home