Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WE'RE GOING TO THAILAND!!!!!!!!

First of all, let me just say, I have NO CLUE what's wrong with my blog or how to fix it... blogger changed the templates, and I've wasted way too much time trying to learn how to work with it and I've decided I'm in over my head, so it's not cute and fancy anymore but at least we can still read it. 


Now, let's get to the good stuff... This post is waaayyy overdue, but it's been CrAzY since I got the best phone call ever last Wednesday! Remember that last, very sad post that said, "JUNE TRAVEL IS NOT POSSIBLE ANYMORE"? Well, scratch that! We are traveling in June! Our God is a God of miracles and He has certainly worked one in this adoption. The process of getting approval and then getting the article 16 usually takes 2-4 weeks from one to the other, but our's happened in the same day! Our director at Holt even said, "This never happens, this is a miracle!" We had been praying for just that and He answered! Our last hurdle before we're boarding the plane is to get our I800 approval from USCIS. So, please continue praying along with us that this happens very quickly, because our tickets our booked and we're ready to go get our SWEET BABY JADE!!!!! Oh, and by the way, she has a full name now, we finally committed... JADE ELIZABETH HOLMES. Jason had a great aunt that he was very close to, she was more like a grandmother to him really, and her name was Elizabeth. Since Jax's middle name is after my grandfather, we thought it was appropriate to give Jade a name after someone close to our hearts as well. Let the monogramming begin!!!!! ;-) I've been super busy since the call and life is not going to slow down anytime soon, but that's ok, I'm grateful for this "busyness" because it's going to bring my baby girl home! If all goes smoothly, Jason, Jax, & I will board a plane for Bangkok just 3 weeks from tomorrow and we will meet our girl 3 weeks from Sunday! I apologize for this short post, but I've got things to do!;-) Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be blogging on a password protected wordpress blog while we're in Thailand. If you want to follow our travels, then email me and I'll let you know the password. Please keep us in your prayers!!!!!

5 Comments:

At May 23, 2012 at 7:03 PM , Blogger The Ledbetters said...

How exciting! My name is Angie Ledbetter and we are number 5 on the wait list. I would love to follow your blog if you don't mind. My email is jasnledbetter@gmail.com. I will be praying for your family as you travel!

 
At May 24, 2012 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Yay! I'm so happy you got to keep your travel date! I would love to see your blog. I will email or FB message you for the password. :)

 
At May 24, 2012 at 5:11 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

First of all, Congratulations, Mama!

Second, you can get the old blogger interface back if you hate the new one as much as I do. Log into blogger (just blogger.com) and type in your username and password. In the first screen that comes up, click on the options icon (the little gear). On the drop down menu, click "use old interface." You'll see things the way they use to be. In a few months they're doing away with the old interface, but for now you have the option to use the old or new.

 
At May 24, 2012 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

Oh, and I want that password, lady! Hugs!

 
At June 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Chris, Lisa Christopher and Joshua said...

That is SO EXCITING!! We are number 20 on the wait list and I would love to follow your blog if you do not mind. My email is lisapadres@yahoo.com and our blog is http://operationlevi.blogspot.com/.

This is so exciting and I am so happy for you to bring your baby girl home.

Lisa Levi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home